Saturday February 3rd, 2018 to
Sunday February 4th, 2018
Contest- The Park Hotel
601 Anna Salai, Near US Embassy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006,
Superchef Chennai 2018 - Introduction:
MCLC 38 and Round Table 94, in the year 2013 conceptualized, planned and executed SUPERCHEF CHENNAI 2013, the first of its kind culinary competition in Chennai. This inaugural event and its subsequent four editions in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 have been grand successes.
The Superchef cooking contest is for amateur cooks and adults and kids above the age of 10. There is a preliminary round of food tasting done by the professional judges and finalists are selected to go into a live cooking round with interesting challenges and a professional level pantry of items to cook from.
In the 2016 edition of SuperChef Chennai, as a lead up to the cooking contest, we successfully organised the SuperChef Chennai International Food Carnival held at a spacious, outdoor, central venue in the city, THE AMIR MAHAL. The food carnival was a tremendously successful event, offering out-of-the-box food to Chennai’s foodies. In 2017, the Food Carnival met with even greater success, with more than 4000 footfalls in a grand event.
Riding on the success of the event in the last 5 years, we are now gearing up for the 6th Edition of SuperChef Chennai cooking contest and International Food Carnival, to be held on the 3rd and 4th of February 2018 at The Park Hotel and Amir Mahal respectively.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Superchef Chennai is a cooking competition organised by the Madras Cosmopolitan Ladies Circle 38 and Madras Cosmopolitan Round Table 94 and The Park Hotels, Chennai.
2. Superchef Chennai is a cooking competition to be held across 3 categories: Adult Individual, Adult Team (of 2) and Kids Team (of 2) (10-14 years)
3. All categories are open only to amateur cooks and home cooks. No participation will be allowed for professional chefs, chefs in training or chefs / students with culinary degrees and/or studying in professional culinary courses.
The decision of the Judges at every stage of the competition will be final.
STAGE 1: SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES: January 1st to 30th 2018
1. Participants can enter the contest online at our website www.superchefchennai.com
2. Contestants need to fill out the registration form and submit a recipe name with a one-line description along with the applicable registration fees. This fee is non-refundable.
3. The recipe should be a single recipe for any cuisine of the contestant’s choice.
4. Contestants can take part in multiple categories but can submit only one recipe in each category. Each recipe must be accompanied by the applicable registration fees.
5. Managing participation in multiple categories is solely the responsibility of the participant.
6. The organisers can be contacted at the following email address :
STAGE 2: PRELIMINARY ROUND:3rd February 2018 at The Park Hotel.
1. All contestants will have to bring the precooked dish of the exact same recipe that was submitted in the registration form at a specific time to The Park Hotel, Nungambakkam on the3rd of February 2018
2. Expected time of arrival at the venue will be very specific and may vary for each contestant depending on his/her category.
3. Superchef does not take responsibility for the contestant missing the time slot or arriving late and thereby being disqualified from the next stage of the competition.
4. The dish should be brought ready in all respects and contestants will be allowed to only plate up and present it for judging. The crockery for the presentation will have to be brought by the contestants, table space will be provided for display.
5. No arrangements will be made for heating, reheating or any form of finishing off of the dish.
6. The predetermined transparent criteria for judgement are –Creativity, Complexity, Taste and Presentation
7. 12 contestants from each of the categories will be selected to move onto the final stage– the live cook-off.
STAGE 3: FINAL LIVE COOK-OFF: 4th February 2018 at The Park Hotel, Nungambakkam.
1. Finalists will have to arrive on the Day of the Final Cook-Off at a designated time.
2. Late arrivals will be disqualified and therefore not allowed to participate in the Superchef-competition.
3. Superchef does not take responsibility for the contestant missing the timeslot or arriving late and thereby being disqualified from the competition.
4. There will be a select panel of professional judges and celebrity judges, who will mentor and interact with the finalists.
The decision of the organisers is final at all stages of the event.
DISCLAIMER: Participants are responsible for their own safety and belongings. The event organisers will not be responsible in any way for any losses/injuries caused to the participants during the course of this event.
I, hereby confirm that I have read and accepted all the Rules and Regulations as detailed above and on the Superchef Chennai Facebook page and website.